• Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Starting a new relationship with a private lender

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Nov 2 2016, 16:47

Hey, BP.  I've got a friend of mine who is maxed out in the stock market (as much as he really wants to put in) and he recently approached me about investing with me.  I explained to him briefly about how private lending works.  We have a lunch meeting tomorrow.  He has about $25k he wants to put to work.  While that's not really enough for me to buy a house with, I am in the process of starting another business that $25k would work great for.  I'd like to build a good relationship with him and eventually convince him to move some of that stock market money into my hands.  Would a promissory note work for something like this?  Do I have to get it recorded like you would a mortgage.  He doesn't seemed concerned about having the money secured; however, I just want to make him feel as comfortable as possible and dot all my i's and cross all my t's.  I think this guy is a great person and he's proven to me time and again that he has a wonderful heart.  He's a genuine guy and I just want to do right by him.  As always, thanks for the help.

Loading replies...