Votes
Mike Goikhberg
  • Catonsville, MD
Votes |
housing hacking and LLC's

Mike Goikhberg
  • Catonsville, MD
Posted Nov 6 2016, 18:58

Here's a bit of a complicated question - My partner and I are getting into the real estate business together. We plan to create a C-Corp of which we will both be shareholders for all of our wholesaling operations and income. We also plan on opening LLC's for rentals, which will be managed by the C-Corp. However, FIRST I want to house hack, in my own name, with a 3.5% down FHA loan. I am thinking of acquiring this property in a land trust, of which I will be the beneficiary, and later reassigning beneficial interest from myself to an LLC my partner and I will create, so that we can then have this rental as part of OUR portfolio. As I understand it, the reassignment of beneficial interest is a private process, the bank will not be alerted about this, and they can't invoke the due on sale clause since it's in a trust. However, in this case, since the loan will be in my name, will this cause any issues? In general, is this a viable strategy when you want properties to be in an LLC but your LLC does not yet have enough of a track record to be granted loans to buy properties?

Loading replies...