• Flipper
  • Jeannette, PA
Votes |
Private money investors

Dan Dunmire
  • Flipper
  • Jeannette, PA
Posted Mar 2 2017, 16:22
I have recently started taking actual action in my investing and found a great deal after educating myself on real estate investing over the last year and some change. I started with a set plan and simply didn't expect to find as many capital resources as I have. After securing my new property and talking to people about it I've had two people pull me aside and ask how they could invest. I tried pointing them in the same direction as I was in but they both said they would rather be a private money invested to me even though I said I would show/give them all the resources that I've found thus far. They both said they want to put in a minimum of 5k, but one said he is really looking to invest around 20k. I'm nervous about this because he is a co worker. I've since gone back and read the private money financing section in my books and have watched a few seminars online but I'm still a dear in the head lights. Should I give them a more favorable APR to start with? Should I pay their interest monthly? Should I set up a few different packets on how I will accept private money financing? Another issue I see is I've only just started and have no business structure currently implemented, (though it is thought out). Should I set the up before I take on an invested? I assume I need to use different bank accounts correct? I'm nervous and I know this means I'm on the right path, I love the feeling but I don't like to misstep. Advice is more than welcome because this is not a rant but rather a call to the more experienced to tell me what mistakes to avoid. Thank you to all who have read this and replied, your kindness keeps me here on BP.

Loading replies...