I need a loan for a 7 Duplex/Triplex deal. Any advice?

5 Replies

I have recently come across a deal in Ohio for seven duplex/triplex buildings. 4 are rented and the others need work.  I am going to pay for the 30k in work that needs to be done.  I just need someone for the purchase of 300k.  I probably will be able to put in an offer that is lower than the asking since I have to get work done to them.  Are there any companies or people that I can contact about this?  Thanks for any help you guys may offer.

Chris,

Congrats on finding an interesting deal like this. A couple thoughts. Are these all contiguous on one piece of land, or are these a package where they are all spread out? I would imagine that you could get a commercial loan to cover them. Have you looked at that route yet? I personally will not buy packages of houses, duplexes, triplexes, etc, because these are often not very competitively priced if you dig into the numbers. I have been offered many such packages on visits to Indiana and Michigan. 

If you can't go the commercial route, I would be a little wary of this deal. Unless you are local, you can really get taken advantage of buying out of state portfolios. Having said that, I love out of state investing, especially if you are buying apartments. I have loved my 20 unit in South Bend, Indiana, and hope to buy more apartment complexes like it.  

This post has been removed.

Thanks @John Warren and @Samantha Barnes .  These are separate multi family units.  7 to be exact. 2 of which are triplexes the others duplexes.  What company do you suggest for a commercial loan if they will fund it?  I am out of state but I looked at the properties and it seems like a good deal.  The only issue I have been coming across is that hard money companies won't fund it because each house is not worth more than $50k.  I will send you a message Samantha.

Have you considered partnering with someone?

@Chris Jenkins I believe that @Brie Schmidt used commercial loans in Milwaukee to purchase these types of properties. You can use a commercial loan to blanket them all into one loan. I have never done it, but definitely reach out to Brie. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here