Have down payment capital, need financing for property 11+

4 Replies

I own my primary residence and 9 rental properties in my name.  I have the capital and would like to invest in additional properties, however, the mortgage broker I have worked with on my existing properties is unable to help now that I have reached 10.

My wife's name is not on the properties and she will have a W-2 for another 3 months as we are expecting a baby boy in May.  

Would it be possible to refinance the properties into her name so I can keep buying throughout the year?  Open to any and all suggestions and appreciate your help on this in advance.

Sincerely,

Niko Chiaparas

You need to find a portfolio lender and get
Commercial loans.

Can your wife qualify by herself to buy a property (or a few) before she leaves her job?
Do you know anyone who can offer you a portfolio / commercial loan to refi your 10 loans into 1 loan so you can get more Fannie loans?
There are lenders out there who will offer 11+ loans but not Fannie loans. I don’t think I can post names / links so pls PM me for what I’ve read / heard about.
Good luck.
Henry

Thanks Caleb and Henry.  I am trying to find Portfolio lending and can see if my wife could qualify for at least 1 or 2 in the meantime.   

Do you know if I can refinance a property into my wife's name and be able to buy additional properties in my name alone with traditional lending?

@Niko Chiaparas if you have a corporate entity like an LLC you could refi all your rentals into a blanket commercial loan. You might even be able to pull cash out for further investments. PM if you need help.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here