All cash purchase. How does rehab loan numbers work?

All cash purchase. How does rehab loan numbers work?

Flipper · Snellville, GA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP this will be my First solo fix and flip.  My newbie question is below.

Here are the numbers...

73,500    = Purchase house Cash 

70,000    = Rehab

230,000 = ARV

I've been speaking with hard money lenders and they are saying "we'll lend up to 70% of the ARV". Well, does that mean that I'll only be paying points and interest at closing with the 70k (rehab) fully financed?...because with the all cash purchase I'm at 66% of ARV. (Of course they'll do their own appraisal and figure from there).

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Gerald Alphin:

    Hello BP this will be my First solo fix and flip.  My newbie question is below.

    Here are the numbers...

    73,500    = Purchase house Cash 

    70,000    = Rehab

    230,000 = ARV

    I've been speaking with hard money lenders and they are saying "we'll lend up to 70% of the ARV". Well, does that mean that I'll only be paying points and interest at closing with the 70k (rehab) fully financed?...because with the all cash purchase I'm at 66% of ARV. (Of course they'll do their own appraisal and figure from there).

    The "we'll lend up to 70% of the ARV" refers to only a portion of the equation. Most HML's look at down payment as the borrower's skin in the game (usually 10 to 20%) and then finance the rehab 100%. In your case, you're ahead of the game because you paid cash. With that in mind and if your numbers are accurate compared to their appraisal, you'll be paying only closing costs including points on the rehab portion at close.

  • Flipper · Snellville, GA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Ok great!  Thank you Stephanie that gives me more clarity.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.