Interest rate for conventional loan - investment property

13 Replies

Hi everyone! I just want to know how much interest rate you gets recently for conventional loan on a investment property that you put 20% down and have good credit score?

@Niki Cao Most banks won’t finance you unless it’s 25% down depends on occupancy and units. I would say from 4.8 to 7.5. 

@Thawda Aung The lender let me put 20% down. Just want to know what is the interest rate everybody is getting. 

@Niki Cao If it is a $300,000+ loan amount, 45 day rate lock or less, 5.25% is what we are quoting today and we are normally pretty darn competitive. So somewhere within that number. Rate is a decent amount higher at 20% down versus 25% down. 

5.375%, 30 year, 2 origination points. 20% down.

thanks for all the inputs!

for a 80% ltv   single family  property Inv  purchase ..rates  likely in the  4.625% - 5.25% range ( depending on loan fees )

I got 4.25% in January with 25% down on an occupied duplex. Probably closer to 5.25-5.625 with 20% down now, shop around for sure and find the best rate. Good luck!

Two weeks ago, we had the option of 20% down-5.375% or 25% down-5.175% on a 30 year fixed for our conventional investment rate.

My local bank is offering a 5.5% 5 year adjustable on 20 year term with 20% down.  

Looking for 3-4 plex, non owner occupied. Forget about interest rates, I can't find any place to let me do 20% down instead of the standard 25% down. Saving that $10k or so would be nice to move towards the next deal. But, I was quoted 5.25% 30 year fixed for 25% down. I'm not going to say it's collusion, but you look up the definition and decide for yourself...

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.