FHA Loan to buy third property

1 Reply

Hi everyone!

I currently own my primary residence (condo) and one rental property (condo), and I am looking for a multifamily property as my next purchase. I am wondering if I would be eligible for a 3.5% down FHA loan when purchasing a multifamily property (and I plan to live in one unit and rent out the others, i.e. house hacking)?

I also welcome any advice you might have about going through this process that would have been good to know before you started applying for this loan option. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Nicholas Sanchez :

Hi everyone!

I currently own my primary residence (condo) and one rental property (condo), and I am looking for a multifamily property as my next purchase. I am wondering if I would be eligible for a 3.5% down FHA loan when purchasing a multifamily property (and I plan to live in one unit and rent out the others, i.e. house hacking)?

I also welcome any advice you might have about going through this process that would have been good to know before you started applying for this loan option. Thanks!

Put FHA+MFH and FHA+Investment in the Bigger Pockets search window above. There has been a lot of discussion on the subject and plenty of information.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.