What is the best HELOC with 90% LTV on primary residence

What is the best HELOC with 90% LTV on primary residence

Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I have a property now worth about $750000 and I have about $280k in equity in it. I live there and i would like to get a HELOC at 90% LTV to put the money towards a new investment.

Anyone have any recommendations for banks I could use?  Any feedback about ease and speed of process, rates, etc would be much appreciated.  the property is in Atlanta, Ga.

thanks!

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Charlotte, NC · Member since 2018 · 180 posts · 144 votes
8y

Jamal,

USBank was ok, 90% loan at around 5% interest.  Mostly online / email.  Required 2 years of W2s, tax records, insurance records, mortgage records, called my work, sent out appraiser, signed several docs + a notary to my house for final docs.  No out of pocket for me.  

Good Luck!

Chris

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 176 posts · 83 votes
    8y

    @Jamal Green I just got my HELOC done. I shopped around for rates. I always found that local banks give you a better deal on rates vice big institutional banks (Wells Fargo, Bank Of America, etc). It took mine awhile to close, but if you go to lending tree you can research banks in your area and see what the interest rates are. I'm sure there is a local credit union in Atlanta that has some decent rates with a first year locked in rate.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks for your info. Mortgage brokers in Atlanta can be very incompetant and some banks and credit unions can be very difficult to deal with, so just looking for some suggestions.

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2018 · 180 posts · 144 votes
    8y

    Jamal,

    USBank was ok, 90% loan at around 5% interest.  Mostly online / email.  Required 2 years of W2s, tax records, insurance records, mortgage records, called my work, sent out appraiser, signed several docs + a notary to my house for final docs.  No out of pocket for me.  

    Good Luck!

    Chris

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Chris Sellers,

    What was the time frame from start to finish?

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2018 · 180 posts · 144 votes
    8y

    Peter,

    27 days total (applied online on a Sat, closed on a Friday).  A few days probably waiting on me to get them documents (e.g. had to get a W2 from former employer).

    Good Luck!

    Chris 

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Cool, thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.