When and why should I refinance a property that is paid off?

When and why should I refinance a property that is paid off?

Port Richey, FL · Member since 2016 · 129 posts · 48 votes
I recently Purchased a duplex and paid cash. I’m on month six and things are rolling along positively. My question is do I refi and take 75/80% of my cash back out of it? My intention is to work my way up the ladder with multiplexes. Would I want all my properties (with cash flow) to be financed? This question is obviously based on a positive cash flow scenario.
0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Lodi, CA · Member since 2018 · 206 posts · 115 votes
    8y
    @Zac Boelkow It’s all personal preference. Do you want to avoid debt or do you want to scale? I’d personally pull it out to scale but everyone’s situation is different. You just have to ask yourself what you want and then go from there. Good luck and congrats!! - Mike
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.