Rental Property Investor · Batavia, IL · Member since 2018 · 452 posts · 672 votes
7y
@Brian Brusich I worked with Jake Slobin from Mortgage 1. He is based in Farmington, MI but he was working with me on a property in Grand Rapids and was a fantastic resource and loan officer.
Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 13 votes
7y
Hey @Brian Brusich,
I am using Lake Michigan Credit Union for conventional financing. They are pretty good to work with in my experience. Both for primary residence and investment properties.
Rental Property Investor · Batavia, IL · Member since 2018 · 452 posts · 672 votes
7y
@Brian Brusich The only cash out refi I have done was on my primary residence which I had lived in for well over a year. It is my understanding that different lenders have different requirements, most common seems to be 6-12 month seasoning period. If you are looking for a shorter seasoning period I would call around to different lenders until you find one who will do that.
Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Brian Brusich
How long have you owned the property?
Did you pay cash for the property?
You can cash out refinance based on appraised value after 6 months - and start the process sooner than 6 months - just close on the loan after the 6 month mark. A SFR investment property will get you an LTV of 75% and a MFR 70% LTV.
If you paid cash for the property, you could cash out sooner with delayed financing. It would still go according to appraised value but you would be limited to a max of your initial purchase price plus closing costs.