Obtaining a NMLS license in NY

7 Replies

I want to obtain my NMLS license in New York (where I live) because I would like to transition from working in retail to getting into the banking industry and working as a mortgage loan officer/originator.

I found a program on YouTube but they charge $380. Found books on Amazon for $50 under. But I am mostly a visual learner/audio learner at most.

Any ideas?

@Arty Fresh you should be able to do a quick google search to find training.  I would 100%, absolutely, without hesitation suggest taking the course in person.  Meaning, in a classroom with a live person and students with you.  Usually $400 is about the going rate...but in person training passes a SIGNIFICANTLY higher rate than online training.  The test is pretty challenging.

Originally posted by @Arty Fresh :

@Eli Lederman, some employers require you to have a license from what I see in the job postings

I think Eli meant, call some places you may want to work, and ask what courses they recommend.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here