Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Ed O.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Statewide, MO
Votes |
Citibank Still sucks & executive support number - ideas?

Ed O.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Statewide, MO
Posted Dec 27 2012, 16:27

I was 100% fully approved to do a HARP refinance with Citi, to the point that their notary was in my house, in my kitchen, with all of the docs, ready to sign. There was only one problem, an issue I addressed with 5 people from the time of application, to the night before the close. It was about having the proper mailing address for me.
They failed to address the issue and we couldn't close on the day it was scheduled. The notary attempted to contact citi, but, surprise, no one was there to answer the question she had, so she stormed off.
I then proceeded to email a rep at Citi minutes later and 4 or 5 times over the next week. I also called her a few times as well.
A few weeks later, after about 3 or 4 voicemails and 5 or more emails, she finally responds and tells me my loan has been removed and that I need to fully re-apply for a refinance with them under the harp program.
I indicated their "solution" was unacceptable and demanded a better one. After some arguing with them, they put some donkey on the phone, who literally promised to close my refi by the end of the year (this was about 2 weeks ago).

Today, the new application blew up, as they're demanding a full property appraisal (likely a deal killer), since they can't use the original "code" because it was used on the first applicaiton and can't be re-used. Can you believe this garbage?

So, loan 1: 100% complete and approved without any appraisal at all. They fumbled poorly and then deleted it because the rep didn't handle my inquiries.

They had me start a new app, promising the same deal with an even better rate, and then have changed the terms of the loan, to the point that it will kill the loan.

I have contacted all of the donkeys at the lower levels of the company including the people that promised me it would be done and they have said "sorry."

I also was able to get on the phone with their mortgage executive support. After explaining more thoroughly what happened, the woman I spoke to around noon promised a returned call by the end of the day. Never happened, not surprised.

My next thought, other than banging my head against a wall is to try and contact whoever is adminsitering Harp or something along those lines. I realize I'm likely screwed, lost in the shuffle of the big banks, to stupid to make sense, too big to fail.

Can anyone offer any ideas? I had a 3% rate drop, which is a chunk to be likely lost, so I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

Thanks for any suggestions and here is Citi's executive support number, in case you find yourself on the wrong side of a deal with them: 718-248-0847

Loading replies...