Health care provider small business owner

Health care provider small business owner

Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 13 votes

Hello. I am a psychiatric nurse practitioner. I had a W2 job and quit in Jan 2020. I was preapproved for a mortgage up to 600k back in May last year based on that job offer. That preapproval has since expired.


 I now only have self-employed income from my private practice. I was looking into health care provider/physician specific loans and it sounds like all require minimum one year of income not counting any business tax deductions to qualify for a mortgage. The rest of my financial picture is great (no debt, good credit, savings). 

As a health care provider with a new private practice, is there any way to qualify for a mortgage?

- Somehow combine with office space to qualify for small business loan?

- Cosigner?

- Any specific lenders who consider small business owners or health care providers that consider this situation?

- Take a job then quit the job.... (?) that is not a very ethical thing to do, I understand.

Those are just my ideas. I understand I am probably grasping at straws and will just have to wait a couple of years, just wish I could get in on these low interest rates!

Thank you for your thoughts,

Madeline

0Reply
4 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.