April FOOLS MLS in March

11 Replies

How is this even possible? Look at the MLS stats for March 2020 in Jacksonville, Florida? If this was your only data, you would think we are doing well.

I doubt April's data will look like this!

Listing - flat 

Prices - up 

Price by volume  - up

Anyone else have March MLS Stats from thier city?

Originally posted by @Jeff Riber :

Hey @Lesley Resnick!  If you pull showing stats out of ShowingTime, our numbers are way off versus the previous 2 weeks YoY.

2019:
https://www.screencast.com/t/y...

2020:
https://www.screencast.com/t/e...

I suppose that won't necessarily mean that pending deals will be down in the coming 30-45 days... But, where there's smoke, there's fire usually.

I completely agree that all indicators are heading down.  My point is how quickly it all changed.  You make a good point that most retail transactions are 30-45 days and the real drop may be after that time.

Originally posted by @Nathan G. :

Your graphic isn't displaying so I can't see what you're referring to.

What browser are you using?

I posted it using safari.   

Look at Florida and how fast this is moving now....another 1,000 cases in 1 day in Florida. The deaths are also rising daily. The models show Florida peaking May 3, but this is going to be a scary month and I do not expect a lot of great things out of the real estate market when people are scared for their health. Sellers will not want people in their houses and buyers will have a hard time selling their old homes, if they have a job. I agree about credit scores staying up. Pay your debts, if you can, do not let them languish. 

@Jack Bobeck When looking yesterday, it appeared the number of daily cases in Florida had been trending down for 2-3 days. Hospitalizations has been down trending for 4-5 days. The bigger threat now (based on the opinion of the only actual epidemiologist I know) is the damage from shutting the economy down. Something like 40 jobs lost per diagnosed case. Getting back to work as quickly as possible is now the goal. IMHO

@Jeff Riber From the data I have seen (Florida only, where I am)  On 3/29 there were 896 new cases, then 3/30 870, then 3/31 937, then 4/1 853, I don't really see a whole lot of levelling off. The Gov just closed the state basically with a stay at home order. They have better data than all of us and it must be that they see April as being brutal. You can see what I see here. All from the Florida Department of Health

If there is good news, only 10.9% of all tests have found people with the virus, so a bit of sunshine in the sunshine state.