VA refinancing, now a good time?

6 Replies

Hi, we are looking to refinance a VA loan & we have started to call a few places; however, the projections are all saying different things. some say wait and some say it will never be a better time. any thoughts on this? and is there a VA lender that anyone suggests?

Originally posted by @Corey Stewart :

Hi, we are looking to refinance a VA loan & we have started to call a few places; however, the projections are all saying different things. some say wait and some say it will never be a better time. any thoughts on this? and is there a VA lender that anyone suggests?

My mortgage broker tells me VA, FHA, USDA all are being selective right now because of Covid-19. Go online and look for mortgage brokers in the state the property is located and ask them specifically with your specific information. A good source for CA is @Chris Mason

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

I just refinanced two VA loans and purchased a new one. I had a VA on my primary home in VA and moved, using another VA for the new home in MD and rented VA property. I am building a new home and wanted to use the VA again so I refinanced the VA home into a conventional loan, refinanced my current property into a 2.75% VA loan, and locked a 2.75% for the new build i'll be moving into in two months. I would def recommend using it while they're low.