• Real Estate Agent
  • Connecticut
Votes |
How do I find a great lender?

James H.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Connecticut
Posted Sep 24 2020, 03:49

Hi, I'm a new investor and trying to get my first deal done. I am trying to put together all the pieces so I can move forward on that first deal. I'm in CT and I don't want to end up with a lender who is difficult to refinance with, has stingy appraisers and makes refinancing some kind of olympic sport. The REI clubs are packed with people who simply got loans from the banks they have banked with for the last 10 years or the lender their buddy used and that's fine but I'm appealing to the forum to find out how to vet an amazing lender.

Should I be looking for a genuine mortgage broker to help me find the best terms? Instead of a lender who is only lending his or her institutions money?

What are questions you would ask to determine how friendly they are to investors?

I'll happily take any recommendations for lenders who are awesome and you have personally had a great experience with. I would use my own bank that I recently left because their rates are high and being a long time customer holds little water with them.

Thank you for your help.

Loading replies...