Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Andre O.
Votes |
Self-employed and just graduated College. How to get financing?

Andre O.
Posted Apr 11 2021, 01:02

Hello everybody this is my first post on the BP forums. I started a business during my last year in college of which I just graduated this past December. I am needing a ~300k loan to invest in a Duplex in order to rent one side, while living in the other side and renting one room to a roommate. This will allow me to virtually pay zero for PITI. My concern is that I have no income tax as I was a student for the past 4 years.

We have not yet filed my taxes for 2020 but I believe my corporation is going to give me a salary of about 30k, with a ~50k distribution pay since 2020 was my first year in business. (My accountant is going to finalize these numbers and they may be off). This will be my only proof of income but it won't be done until months from now. All I really have to show (if it applies?) are bank statements of 15-20k monthly deposits which are profits from the business (after all expenses were paid).

Will I be able to get financing from a bank or credit union? I don't want to waste my time and theirs, as well as them pulling my credit and dinging me with a hard pull. 

I am completely debt free, 770 credit score, and am looking to put 20-25% down on a Duplex in the 400-500k price range. I'll need an additional 300k as a loan and want to get started immediately and not wait a year or two. Thank you!

Loading replies...