Where to find family owned lenders

3 Replies

Hello all,

I've been trying to fund fix-and-flip investments that institutional lenders just can't do because of high leverage combined with higher loan amount. It's hard to find family owned offices who are willing to go that high. How do you find investors/lenders who can do deals just outside the box? I keep running into dead ends.

you will find private and family offices to be more conservative than HML by a long shot.. they did not become private lenders and family offices by taking HUGE risk on high leverage with mainly beginner real estate investors.. Not saying your a beginner just mentioning that since so many on BP are just starting their journey and are not really clued into the real world of borrowing money.

Aaron Kashani, Most Hard Money Lenders will lend up to 90% of the Purchase Price and 100% of the Rehab which will depend on your credit score & Experience. If you have a higher Score and experience I'm sure you will be qualified. I have come across a Lender that does 100% Financing for Fix & Flip, when i spoke with them to confirm their Lending criteria they indicated that they can lend up to 100% of the Purchase & Rehab as long as the Purchase & Rehab does not exceed 65-70% ARV, also it depends on your Credit Score and Experience, a Higher credit score and experience qualifier's you for 100% Financing. You must have Liquidity of at least minimum of $20K+ and a Minimum Gross Annual Income of ($50K).

If you're looking for something above these  ranges then I'm not sure if you can find one but i hope this helps.