Should I get STR loan without 20% down if I expect high CF??

Should I get STR loan without 20% down if I expect high CF??

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 9 votes

I am in a position to buy a larger property that expects a large cash flow 3x loan payment conservatively. I currently only have 10-15% to put down on the loan. Just looking for advice. Should I wait?

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Paul DefnginPro Member
    Lender · Rockville, MD · Member since 2008 · 498 posts · 199 votes
    5y

    10-15% down payment on investment property using conventional financing is probably hard to find or non existent now. Alternative financing or maybe a portfolio lender may be able to offer it but terms may not be as great. 

     If you are able to buy and live in it for at least a year then convert to a rental then that would be the way to go. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @Paul Defngin

    Thanks Paul, that’s what the research is telling me as well. I’ll keep working on that 20 %. Thanks for the info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.