• New York, NY
Votes |
Getting a LOC when home is owned by LLC

Lauren C.
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Jun 18 2021, 08:00

Hello all,

I've been searching for the answer to this problem for a while, but I can't find anything definitive. I know I'm not the only one with this issue, so I hope some of you have some good information for us!

I have one rental property (and another in contract) that are owned by separate LLCs. It is for liability reasons. They are STR in the smokies. I have commercial loans based on DSCR. My husband and I are the only members of the LLCs.

That market is RAPIDLY appreciating, to the extent that the property I closed on in April is absolutely worth more now. And I'm doing some value-add improvements on the home in contract, including a kitchen remodel.

I want to get LOC on both homes in early 2022 to fund the next purchase(s)...let's just say the market either continues to appreciate, or stays stagnant at the very least.

****How do I get the equity out???****

The first lien on each property is not in my name, so I'd assume the LOC wouldn't be in my name, either. Is this just a commercial equity line of credit situation? And, if so, does ANYONE have any lenders that can do this? They would be able to see that they are income-producing properties, since I will have filed my tax returns at that point.

TIA!!!!

Loading replies...