How To??

3 Replies

Hello to all, I'm hoping to get some good answers/suggestions here. I have been reading alot on this forum and finally decided to upgrade my membersship as I hope to only leanr more and utilize the weath of knowledge here. Now this is my question...background I'm currently in the Army with about 5 years remaining. My mother owns some properties that she has had for awile and no longer wants them. She is willing to sell them to without wanting a profit as they are have a good amount of equity in them. I know it not the best source but I used zestimate to try to figure the value. You can see the breakdown below. Also I will be getting a lump sum of money in January est $21,000.00 and am wanting to utilize it to help in my purchase(s).

House 1 Owed 34k zestimate=65k

House 2 Owed 45k zestimate=85k

House 3 Owed 80k zestimate=99k

House 4 Owed 36k zestimate=61k

My question what is the best route to buy these properties?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

V/r,

Jeremy

What I would do for house 1,2,4 would be to utilize hard money to buy cash then refi out making it so I dont have to come out of pocket with down payment money.  On house 3 you will need to do 20% down financing should you want that one. 

This is what I would do if I were you. 

Good luck

Jeremy, 

First off man, thank  you for serving our country. 

Now down to business. 

I would take them all in a trust or subject to. I would not lay out any cash. 

Unless your mom needs to clear up her credit's DTI, leave the money in her name.

If you need help with this, I would be happy to assist. 

Good luck!  

Thank-you for the feedback I think she just doesnt want the responsiability of them anymore. I would rather get them out of her name just so it does free her up some as far as DTI.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.