• Investor
  • Newnan, GA
Votes |
0% Credit Cards

Jacob Edmond
  • Investor
  • Newnan, GA
Posted Aug 11 2015, 13:23

I'm sure this has been discussed in some fashion almost ad-nauseum on here, but I wanted to see what people think about using either new card offers with 0% interest for the usual 15-24 months, or balance transfers with the same type of terms.

I am currently remodelling my home, and I usually have at least 2 or more 0% balance transfer offers for 15+ months on several of my credit cards, and always am getting new offers from my banks or in the mail for new ones. I know this isn't something I want to repeat often, but I can't seem to find a good reason not to finance my remodel this way. It's cheaper than any loan I can get, and it allows me to keep as much cash free for the time being as well. I don't plan to use more than 30% of my available limits, as I'm probably only going to spend about $15k on this project.

My credit is currently in the mid 700s , and I track it weekly, so I know I will take a slight hit while the balances are on the cards, but I will pay them off before I need any other type of financing for another house.

Just wondering if anyone else would do this, even though tk a lot of people credit cards are almost taboo these days.

Loading replies...