Best no cash cred opps

5 Replies

Originally posted by @Mecia R. :

Hello, 

What are the recommended ways to obtain property without using one's own cash/credit? (For new investors for example)

Thanks!

Check out Brandon Turner's new book for this. But in short, I think an FHA loan on a fourplex is the best way to start. After that, seller financing and private loans are the way to go.

Hey Mecia,

Depends on what type of property you are looking to buy. If you want a single family home to live in, the best option with 0% down payment and flexible credit requirements is USDA/Rural Development.

Andrew is right for low money down options for multi family financing FHA is the best option. It does require 3.5% down payment but they also have some what flexible credit requirements. Compared to other lending programs that require 25% down on a multi family, this one is a great option with little down payment. This is a great opportunity to buy and manage a home that you live in to learn the ins and outs of investing and management.

If cash is an issue, wondering if you have any creative options... Such as borrowing the money from a family member or friend, borrowing against your retirement plan, cashing out part of a retirement plan, taking a loan out on an asset you already own outright, such as a car, or even taking out a personal loan at a bank or credit union.

Hope this helps!

BTW, I have a free facebook group of like minded folks and would love you to join! If you are interested you can sign up at www.realestatefreedom.biz. I interact daily in this group.  : )