Matt Leonard
  • Londonderry, NH
Votes |
HELP!!! I'm stuck with a deal and I need 60k in 1 week

Matt Leonard
  • Londonderry, NH
Posted Aug 28 2015, 08:29

Hi fellow BPer's,

I'm a longtime lurker and podcast listener. My first post is a panicked one! I own a duplex in Boston that is my primary residence, have completed 1 flip on my own, and been apart of 5 others. I have a bank foreclosure New Hampshire SFR under agreement with a closing date of 9/21 and a financing contingency date of 9/4. Purchase price is 137k, but with closing costs and other "fees", i'm looking at around 150k to close. I have a 794 credit score, I have 90k in cash, and the house should appraise conservatively for 230k once complete. It is gutted and needs a good deal of work, so it will not qualify for FHA. I intend to do the work myself as a live in flip, so a 203k doesnt work. I was pursuing a HELOC on my duplex (appraised at 575k with 310k left on the note) to cover the remainder needed to close and to fund some of the renovation. I found out today that the bank i was working with is not going to approve my HELOC due to debt/income ratio (i own my own business, so my accounting favors lower taxes).

Based on all of that, does anyone have any suggestions where I raise 60k in a week so this deal doesn't fall through?  I'm thinking my only option is private lending, hard money, or losing the deal, any other ideas would be very helpful.

ML

Loading replies...