Fresh Investor... what do I do first?

3 Replies

I'm a brand new real estate investor. I'm currently a property and casualty broker for an agency in upstate NY. I will have to start this endeavor with little capital and bad credit, but i'm willing to work for it. Does anyone know of anything that I could do that doesn't require going through the standard lending company? Thanks in advance!! 

"I will have to start this endeavor with little capital and bad credit, Does anyone know of anything that I could do that doesn't require going through the standard lending company?"

It's always a challange to get started.  The two things that will obviously need attention regardless of a real estate investing career are your savings and credit. 

If you need a non standard option you could look for an owner carry or lease to buy listing.  A second option is to start looking for wholesale opportunities by putting homes under contract and selling them.

Hope this helps

Garrett 

Welcome @Amber Forkey ! It's essential to begin with knowing what your real estate goals are... Once you establish what you want then figuring out how to do it! Good luck and let me know if I can help!