Hard Money Lenders and Banks

3 Replies

Hello,

I am currently looking for a new multifamily investment and was wondering if banks know about the money hard money lenders lend to you? In other words, if a hard money lender gives me 25k to finance portion of the down payment, am i required to disclose this information? 

I am asking because I am trying to purchase a 10 unit, but finance portion of the down payment with other people's money and pay the financed portion back as soon as I close on the loan with my LOC.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Morales

90+% of hard money lenders you talk to won't lend as a second lien (i.e. lend on downpayment). Another 90% won't lend less than 50k.

You probably want to find a lender called "gap lender" or a private lender. You can also search for Joint Ventures.

They'll find out in two ways:

1.  Your bank account shows you don't have enough money to close, so they'll ask where the money's coming from.

2.  The hard money lender will probably want to put a (2nd) lien on the property, and the title/escrow/attorney should disclose that to them.

If you're trying to find it with a bank, I doubt even gap funders / private money would work because the bank wants to see your skin in the game as a borrower.  JVs might work because the other person becomes a borrower to the bank as well, so their capital is qualified.

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here