• Investor
  • Petersburg, IL
Votes |
using equity to fund more deals

Brent Davis
  • Investor
  • Petersburg, IL
Posted Nov 17 2017, 18:03

I've been at the rental game for 15 or more years. I am currently 38. We own 20+ units. We have a very large amount of equity in all our properties. Most of them are refinanced now for 10-15 years. Some less. They are all cash flowing. My wife and I are both teachers. Our w2 income is not very high. We have a LOT of debt. The small local bank has been great working with us. But they continue to have to get board approval every time I want to do a deal now. I'm trying to figure out a way to use my equity to purchase more properties. I do have a LOC but it is attached to my own personal residence. It is 50,000. I don't like having that tied to my own personal property. I'd like to up my LOC some or re-do the line of credit on one of my other properties so it is off my personal. I recently just rehabbed three properties That appraise for appx. 210,000. I owe about 100k total on them. I was thinking these properties would be good to set something up on. I will say that I think the appraisals were high on these properties. I don't think I could sell them for close to that. Sorry I'm rambling. I haven;t really posted much and don't want to look like a moron. However, I typically end up doing so!:)

Loading replies...