Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Christian Brown
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Bitcoin mortgages are a thing now, but should they be?

Christian Brown
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Dec 18 2017, 14:14

Earlier I saw a post in the BP creative financing forum about someone who was looking to purchase a home using bitcoin, but hesitated due to the consequences of liquidation (might shift the entire market). 

I saw an Inman article on people taking out mortgages against their homes in order to buy bitcoin - somewhat of an inverse transaction.

Securities regulator Joseph Borg caused a firestorm of warnings when, earlier this week, he told CNBC that people were taking out mortgages to buy bitcoin.

“We’ve seen mortgages being taken out to buy bitcoin. Yes, sure,” Borg said to disbelieving anchors Monday. “People borrow money. People do credit cards, equity lines.”

Does this mean that people would buy and sell homes using bitcoin? If you're out there, I'd like to hear from you lol

If so, would anyone be willing to sell their home and get paid in bitcoin? Or would you go through the trouble of buying a home using bitcoin?

This whole environment feels weird to me, but I'm no professional. It could possibly be a creative way to finance a home. It could just as easily be an exciting way of losing all of your money. I just want to hear what the community thinks. 

Loading replies...