Votes |
Best way to sell/buy multiple props. with least amount of taxes

Daniel Rehner
  • Investor
  • Lexington, KY
Posted Dec 21 2017, 08:10

Hi all,

Background:

So I've got an interesting possibility. I had the landlord next to my rental in Lexington, KY recently contact me about helping pay for cutting down some tree limbs that were from my trees that were onto her property.  I at first wanted to just tell her go ahead and cut them down if you want but I didn't want to help pay, but for some reason it just didn't feel right, so I told her I would help pay.

Anyways come to find out after talking with her, she is an older lady that has own 6+ rentals.  She has owned them for a while and told me that eventually she would sell them because she did not think her kids would take them over. Her only big issue is she is worried about the amount it would cost her in taxes.

Question:

So I got to thinking that there must be a way to creatively finance a deal with her that spreads out the costs she might incur with taxes.  I thought that maybe if she would be open to owner financing that she would at least be getting monthly payments and interests that could spread out her cash-flow as to not have a lump sum gain all at once?

What do yo all think?

Thanks

Loading replies...