Fund & Grow Case Study

104 Replies

Have any of you tried sharing referral codes from your PLASTIQ account to save some money?

Here is how it works: After person you refer sends $500 or more you get $1,000.00 FEE FREE, it is worth looking into it

Their fee is 2.5% now.

Hey all.  Sorry for the lack of posting.  An update - I ended up not moving forward with Fund & Grow.  Just for me personally - I felt unethical asking credit card companies to remove inquiries that were, in fact, legitimate and authorized by me, just because they couldn't prove that they were authorized by me.  To me, it just felt like lying.  No judgment on those who use them or who use their methodologies - they're just not for me!  

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone - I put investing on a back burner this past year but am picking it back up again!  

This post has been removed.

@Doug Kenney at some point, no matter which funding company you decide to go with, you will have to have no more than 4 inquiries  per bureau, 680 + Fico, No lates for the last 12 months, at least 1 primary trade line(Credit Card) just to get your funding started.  I know there are companies that fund with less but you run the risk of not maximizing the funding.  If you do have all of these things in order, you should have to problem getting 5-7 (trade-lines/Credit Cards).

Also, you will need to clean up your inquiries after the funding.  If there is a moral issue you have with fixing your credit profile for funding, you may want to wait until the inquires fall off.  They will.  If you check your experian it will tell you when they will fall off your report.  You seem to be a good candidate for a funding program as well as going through conventional lending.  You have an 500 Fico, down payment, and the desire to move things forward.  

Please keep us posted on your progress!

My family has used this and other services for funding for a couple of years, so if you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me and I will try to answer and questions about the process.

I will give you an example:  If you use one of these services, you have an opportunity to get the downpayment funding (20 % down) to invest in a few great cash flowing commercial multifamily properties.  I do not know your financial situation, but for someone like me, I like funding service companies.  I also have learned that the credit profile is something that consistently needs to be worked on, unless you are already in the 800 Plus Fico score club. 

I did an analysis recently and I spend approximately 33% of my W2 income in interest.  That number will decrease as my credit score goes up and I will have more cash flow to spend doing the things I enjoy.

I did not come from wealth, so 1 method I identified quickly was my limiting factor was start up funding.  I am now leveraging OPM to start my real estate investing.

Thanks,

Curtis Harvey

I personally went through Morris Invest and got a $500 discount, and in just my very 1st round I was F&G was able to get over $50k and I still got 3 more rounds of funding! Luis Luperena is taking really good care of me so far along with Jennifer Soriano. 

what things they do for you after you paid $3000?

1.  get business credit card

2. get cashout 

what if you do it yourself??    what are the difference they make for you?    I bet you can do it yourself!!

Can anyone on this thread explain how they got money off their credit cards in detail, if at all? I see a few people refer to it but in a fairly vague way or mostly not at all.

I’m not interested in the gold option, I feel it takes too much of the 0% timeline. I tried Plastiq and it was almost impossible to do even a small transfer. They act almost as a barrier and have a lengthy questioning period to avoid people taking cash.

The one intriguing option mentioned was the PayPal transfer. Wondering just how simple that really is and what the cost ends up being if it’s still an option. 

Any other methods would be greatly appreciated.

Okay so just want to give Michael Richard with Fund & Grow a big thank you and pat on the back for a job well done these past 2 rounds of funding.

1ST ROUND: I was approved for a $15K Capital One Sparks and a $7,500 Wells Fargo.

2ND ROUND: I was approved for a $19K Bank of America Business and $19K Flagstar.

TOTAL = $60,500

Not too shaby for 2 Rounds of Funding. I'm actually very impressed with the second round of funding. Great job Michael! I look forward to the next round. Thank you!!

Anyone have questions, or input feel free to reach out.

- Eddie

Las Vegas

Retrena Thomas, and the Fund & Grow team, are fantastic!

He was able to work his magic and negotiate for me $90k in unsecured business credit at 0% for my second round of funding bring my total to about $140k; this is going to be a huge help in growing my real estate business. 

If you are starting a new business and need some funding to push forward, Fund & Grow is the real deal and will prove you with the guidance you need to secure your business credit.

Thank you so much Retrena and the Fund & Grow team,

Ken

Retrena from Fund and Grow was there to walk me through and explain every part of the process and kind and willing to answer all my questions. This was all new to me and I had lots of questions! The process was straight forward and I can recommend Fund and Grow based on my personal experience. 

I was on the fence but decided to joined. That's the only way for me to see what they are all about.

My rep is Michael and played devil's advocate and questioned him thoroughly. He answered all my questions well and guided me through each process.

I went through the whole process with Plastiq and experimented getting my latest rental property. Process work better than expected.

I was really happy with the outcome. They helped me obtained over $130,000.00 on my first round. I already have a solid plan to use the funds as well as to pay it off. So I am very happy with their services.

Hi All, I've used Fund and Grow twice to generate great money source options for our real estate projects and was very happy with the service received from Retrena to generate close to $100,000 in my second round of funding!

Goldmoney took too long to create the account, over a month, so I would recommend Plastiq for leveraging the funds in the cards.

Good luck all and this has been a great experience and low cost if you look at the fees vs what you would pay in interest.

I won't be re-upping with them for a 2nd round, and will probably sever our "newsletter" relationship as soon as I finish with the rental condo I booked with them.

They were super nice and super easy to work with. They did exactly what they said they'd do, and I don't believe I was *ever deceived*. I ended up with an additional $131K credit on a sole proprietorship (they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't work with my existing LLC) across 4 cards, all with 0% APR for between 6-12 months with a mix of balance-transfer-only and purchase-or-balance-transfer restrictions.

That being said, the results were less than exciting. For what I'm trying to do (BRRRR), the F&G system doesn't work at all for me. It's almost impossible to get cash out *as cash*. Using plastiq.com it's super hard to impossible to pay for real estate or loans directly. The GoldMoney path is full of red-tape and speculation and fees. "Writing a cash advance check to myself and deposit it" didn't work (I got stuck with a bounced check fee) and it doesn't result in 0% on any of the cards I was given, just a 3% transaction fee and a high interest rate. The only thing I've figured out that works is to do is use the cards to "pay" my LLC at 3% on plastiq.com, but plastiq goes out of its way to try and make sure the payer and the payee aren't the same person. Since THAT involves some kind of maneuvers that look too much like money-laundering (generating fake invoices that plastiq 'needs' to see, for services not really rendered, etc), I'm not doing that. On top of that, I don't have any large debts to balance transfer, so a couple of my 0% deals on cards don't work at all.

Essentially I'm sitting on a pile of credit that I can't do anything *I need to do* with except maybe pay a contractor that accepts credit cards like Home Depot. (for a house I can't buy with cash, so I have nothing for the contractor to fix...)

Do I regret doing it? Yeah. Would I do it again? No. Am I warning other people away? Maybe, if your plans and situation are like mine. Are they crooks? No. Is it too good to be true? It was for me.

It was $3000 that I paid for a lesson in letting down my guard against slick advertisements.

Originally posted by @Nate Pomeroy:

The only thing I've figured out that works is to do is use the cards to "pay" my LLC at 3% on plastiq.com, but plastiq goes out of its way to try and make sure the payer and the payee aren't the same person. Since THAT involves some kind of maneuvers that look too much like money-laundering (generating fake invoices that plastiq 'needs' to see, for services not really rendered, etc), I'm not doing that. 

For what it's worth, I tried to use plastiq.com to pay my wife's company (a business consulting company not associated with my real estate LLC, that I don't work in at all), and plastiq.com thinks/claims that's a prohibited transaction because I'm "paying myself". It was a legit, straight-up transaction, listed as a sale by her accountant, generating paperwork like an invoice, time tracking etc. I thought using my CC to pay an invoice from another company I don't own (in a another field of business) was arms-length enough for Plastiq.com, but I guess it's not.

So this isn't strictly about F&G, except that one of F&G's paperwork flyers they sent me talked up how using Plastiq was a great way to get cash and purchase things for my business.
If F&G is continuing to tell you they can get *cash* by using Plastiq.com (like they did with me), you will be sorely disappointed.  

Oh, and F&G monitors this thread and called me because of my response. I'll call them back when I have some time and see what they have to say.
They also keep emailing me and texting me asking for a testimonial, and I haven't because I'm certain they don't want to publish what I have to say.

@Jamen Armendariz

It's super low on my priority list (talking to them about Plastiq, etc); I feel like all the other time I spent trying to make it work for me already was a waste of time, and I'm not anxious to let them suck more time away from me for nothing. they sent me all kinds of emails about how to do it, and none of it worked like the emails said it would, so I'm not sure what they'd tell me now that's different. Just more BS or promises that "this time, it'll work I PROMISE", probably.
I have 1 or 2 RE deals I'm dealing with right now that are taking my time, and I'm moving forward without their "help" or "financing" BS. 
Just today I got an email from F&G saying my point of contact has changed to some other person. The new person asked how I was doing removing bad entries from my credit report (which is what their CRM says I was doing) which has never been true. I've never tried to do that; never thought I'd have to because I have nothing bad on any of my reports as far as I know; I've never had any sort of discussion with them about what to do for my credit reports. They seriously can't tell their arse from their elbow over there; it's like they don't even know me or my situation, but they have access to my credit reports. (I've got to change that ASAP.)

...and I think it's scammy and dishonest that they either spam these threads with their own sock-puppets, or encourage thread responses from single-post-obviously-signed-up-only-to-post-about-F&G-on-this-thread-people (is it in exchange for something? We'll never know.)

@ Joshua Mayo

How much funding did you get for yourself in total?

I heard F&G mention that you can actually apply for these credit cards Yourself.. the difference is the credit limit they can "negotiate" on your behalf using their relationships with credit card companies 

I'm trying to research as much information as I can before signing up with F&G

Any feedback will help 

Thank you 🙏

@ Joshua Mayo

How much funding did you get for yourself in total?

I heard F&G mention that you can actually apply for these credit cards Yourself.. the difference is the credit limit they can "negotiate" on your behalf using their relationships with credit card companies 

I'm trying to research as much information as I can before signing up with F&G

Any feedback will help 

Thank you 🙏

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here