• Morton Grove, IL
Votes |
Creative strategists' minds help needed on making an offer

Siraj Ahmed
  • Investor
  • Morton Grove, IL
Posted Mar 12 2018, 21:57

HI  BP friends! 

I read in a recent article posted by @andrew Syrios titled 13 Proactive Ways to Increase Rent & Add Value to Your Rental Property. One of the strategies mentioned is to offer 2-3 choices to tenants so they compare the choices rather than comparing your rental to others in the area. (Andrew Syrios article)

I want to apply this strategy to making an offer to a seller I am meeting tomorrow afternoon. I am meeting a seller of a MF building tomorrow that is NOT listed on MLS…yet. The seller is sort of stuck on his asking price and would like to see if he can save realtor commissions by not going on market. He is not open to seller financing. I wanted to offer him 2-3 choices rather than just offering him a purchase price. Any ideas on some creative financing or creative choices i can offer to get the building before it goes on the market?

A little background. its a 4 unit building, rents are at market already. Building does not have parking spaces in the back (as majority of the buildings in the area do) so i would need to add that once i get it, units are a bit outdated, roof needs to be replaced in the next 1-3 years, tuck pointing may be needed in the next 3 years. I will be getting an FHA loan on the property but would love to seller finance it but i do not think he is open to that.

I was thinking maybe offering one choice at the price i want with my FHA financing and then another offer that is higher with seller financing? Any creativity that you guys can come up with would be great!!

@Andrew Syriosundefined

Loading replies...