Oregon City, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
Hi, I have a problem I think I've solved but I lack the experience to work out all the details. I have rental property which is on a large develop able lot with a shop in the city. I worked out a deal to sell it to my long term tenant for $335K with out a realtor. The tenant needs the space and storage, he can not replace it for same price anywhere in our area. His appraisal came in at $305K. I couldn't find any great comps with same bed bath counts really close by that supported a higher value. The comps the appraiser was using did not have the same attributes my buyer/ tenant was looking for though. I don't know what type of loan he is using but I'm assuming FHA.
We've worked out a compromise. I'll sell him the house for $305K he can get financed, plus I will carry a contract for an additional 15K.
Southern Maine · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
8y
If I’m understanding you correctly, the bank cannot say one thing about this. It sounds like you would be carrying a note for the tenant which is separate from the bank’s loan. I’ve done this with a business acquisition before. An attorney writing the promissory note would be best.
Oregon City, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
8y
Thank you all the input. Today I found a loan amortization schedule in excel, there's also a bunch online. The contract or promissory note and collateral are the next details to work out.