Can I rent out my house using USDA loan?

Can I rent out my house using USDA loan?

Round Rock, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
I occupy a house that we owe 225k on with a USDA loan. According to realtor.com, which I know is not 100% accurate, the property value is 264,500 (near Austin, TX). My end goal is to buy another house in San Antonio. As far as savings goes the only reserves are in the house and in retirement accounts which is minimal at this point in my life. I want to hear from you guys on what is the best way to accomplish this. I also want to see if anyone knows the exact answer on wether I can rent my house out with the USDA loan I currently have on the property, I have occupied for about 2 years now.
0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Absolutely you are free to rent you home as you have fulfilled the occupancy requirements. Since you used an USDA loan, the property was not in San Antonio but outside the city

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.