Trying to acquire personal lines of credit

Trying to acquire personal lines of credit

Real Estate Agent · Atlanta · Member since 2018 · 137 posts · 69 votes
Hi all, I'm planning to try getting as much available money in personal credit lines as I can to use for acquiring rentals. The plan would be to then cash out refi and repeat (BRRR) indefinitely without needing much, if any, of my own cash. I have excellent credit and a good income, so I'm hopeful I can accrue a good amount of available money this way. I'm planning to start applying for personal LOCs at as many local banks and credit unions as I can find, and hoping for the best. My question is, having never done this before and not wanting to badly hurt my credit with hard inquiries, is this a bad idea? I hear that if I have multiple hard inquiries in a short period of time for the same purpose, they can be considered as just one . Is this true? And if so, is there anything else I should be worried about with this plan? Thanks in advance.
0Reply
27 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    7y

    You can go and approach banks or credit unions and just ask them if that is something that they do before they do a credit check.

    You can tell them to hold off on the credit check until you know you'll be approved.

    I spoke with a few credit unions and ended up getting an unsecured LOC from one of them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.