Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Bobby Lister III
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Rental Propert Purchase w/ Less Than 20% Down, is it possible?

Bobby Lister III
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Nov 10 2018, 15:57
Hey All! I'm looking to purchase a duplex in Sacramento, CA. My plan was to do a house hack and live on one side while renting out and airbnb'ing the other side. I just found out that there are tenants with active leases in both units. I was ready with 5% down, was hoping to get in with 3.5% down, but not ready to put the whole 20% down. My wife and I currently have an investment property in the Elk Grove area with 140k in equity and a home in North Oak Park with 90k ish in equity that we're currently airbnb'ing but would prefer to not have to go through the hassle of refi or pulling cash out with a traditional bank/credit union. Both have credit scores in the high 700's, low 800's and debt to income ratio of about 25% with a potential of being closer to 10%-15% if my wife finds out she passed the CA Bar this upcoming Friday! I'll give myself a self inflicted slap on the wrist for delaying in reading the BP books yet, but I have until Tuesday at least be able to give a good faith answer to the selling agent. Any suggestions?! Thanks in advanced everyone! First post out of the way!! Any recommended solutions?

Loading replies...