Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Pride
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Brookings, OR
Votes |
We need some help if we're gonna go sailing...

Christopher Pride
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Brookings, OR
Posted Aug 16 2019, 18:03

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Sadly, Mom passed in 2018.  In her final moments, a relative weaseled in to her life, attempting to steal her estate. We came to help our Mom at the end but this person literally hid the fact my Mother was ill.

I threatened suit and brought them to the mediation table, being the only executor and beneficiary.  We signed an agreement returning the estate in lieu of criminal charges and civil suit but we've had several delays with the court trying to clarify bank, insurance and other accounts.

Several months ago, after waiting for this to be resolved, I decided to house-hack and just do the remodel myself, financed with my credit cards. I've gotten far but after another delay, I'm in between a rock and a hard place...

My wife and I had been sailing for some time and as a result have very little income to show. Naturally as a result we were denied when shopping for a HELOC. We're at the point now where the CCs are eating us, we're getting close to maxing out, and thanks to full-time work remodeling this house (eg not employed), our cash reserves are shot. With another 2 months added for the court to clarify another detail, my wife and I are under time pressure. We're signed up to sail in an annual rally starting the beginning of November 2019. Whatever happens, we're out of here for at least a month, ideally longer; We'd like the house closed by November 1.

Hard money? Private investor? Crowdfund?  Looking for any help or direction you can share.

Loading replies...