Combining Fha loan with an assistance program in NJ?

Combining Fha loan with an assistance program in NJ?

Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone, hopefully I'm in the write forum. I don't have much cash, but I want to get into a fourplex. So i figured an Fha loan would be my best option. But here in NJ, where I currently live and am planning to buy the property in, has Njhmfa assistance program that I was interested in. My question is, am I able to combine the two? If not, it's there any other programs that assist in down-payment help that I can combine with an Fha loan? Thanks in advance..

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · South Jersey · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 143 votes
7y

@jose 

@Jose Nunez this is some great stuff. Looking forward to seeing this pan out on a multi family. There are also other grant programs, such as through various counties, but with many of these you might be hitting income or purchase price limits. Be sure to work with a lender that not only does these loans but does them really well. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    absolutely you can combine FHA with grant programs in NJ - good for 2-4 units



    https://www.fha.com/grants/new-jersey-hmfa-smart-start

  • Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Steven Picker

    Thank you so much Steven... I searched through but couldn't find anything. But the information that you provided gave me exactly what I needed and hoped for.....

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Also find a mortgage lender their are new products coming on line all the time including mortgage credits for tax savings , good luck

  • Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Steven Picker

    Will do, thanks.

  • Lender · NJ NY PA CT GA FL, Puerto Rico · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 111 votes
    7y

    @Jose Nunez Hello Jose, pleasure to meet you. Yes you can combine those, we work closely with NJMFHA. We also have a subsidy program as well that we combine with NJMFHA to purchase 2-4 family properties and single family. However you cannot do 203k with NJMFHA but you can utilize out subsidy with 203k.

  • Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Anastasia G. Thank you.... That's great information. Do you also work with south jersey?

  • Real Estate Agent · South Jersey · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 143 votes
    7y

    @jose 

    @Jose Nunez this is some great stuff. Looking forward to seeing this pan out on a multi family. There are also other grant programs, such as through various counties, but with many of these you might be hitting income or purchase price limits. Be sure to work with a lender that not only does these loans but does them really well. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.