Is it possible to get 0% interest loans for homes?

Is it possible to get 0% interest loans for homes?

Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hello Everyone,

I am completely new to real estate and want to start buying houses for rental in the Philadelphia area. However, I came across a few good deals but did not have the full capital for it and did not want to go through loans with any interest. I am wondering if there are there any other options for maybe $20k - 50k loans or lenders that deal with 0% interest I tried googling went on Reddit and came across few opportunities as opening credit cards but not the full answer I was looking for. Any help I would appreciate it. Thank you  

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

@Daniel Khan

That's one way to do it... partner up with someone that has the cash or access to funding.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 703 posts · 446 votes
    7y

    No options for 0% interest loans.  Lenders are out to make money for themselves.  

    You could open up a bunch of credit cards with zero interest but you better have an exit plan or your going to get burned hard and fast.

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Tim Johnson Thank you! I would need to open a business credit card to be on the safe side instead of opening a personal one. Just in case things hit the fan.

  • Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Daniel Khan

    I can understand why you might not want to borrow, however, as you'll find by reading more on Bigger Pockets, most real estate investing is done by borrowing. If you tie up your cash in one property, that means you can't use it to buy something else.

    Lenders will not make loans for 0%. That means they have to borrow money from their sources like other investors, pay them a certain return on their investment, and then lend it to you for no return. That means they would be giving their money away.

    Don't buy real estate with credit cards. It never works out. The interest rates will kill your investment over time.

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Christopher Phillips Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying. I guess I will need to find investors that would be interested in putting in some money to pay them back or have a certain percentage of the property as well. 

    Thank you

  • Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Daniel Khan

    That's one way to do it... partner up with someone that has the cash or access to funding.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.