Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Khan
Votes |
Is it possible to get 0% interest loans for homes?

Daniel Khan
Posted Sep 17 2019, 08:56

Hello Everyone,

I am completely new to real estate and want to start buying houses for rental in the Philadelphia area. However, I came across a few good deals but did not have the full capital for it and did not want to go through loans with any interest. I am wondering if there are there any other options for maybe $20k - 50k loans or lenders that deal with 0% interest I tried googling went on Reddit and came across few opportunities as opening credit cards but not the full answer I was looking for. Any help I would appreciate it. Thank you  

User Stats

Votes
Tim Johnson
  • Lender
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Sep 17 2019, 09:08

No options for 0% interest loans.  Lenders are out to make money for themselves.  

You could open up a bunch of credit cards with zero interest but you better have an exit plan or your going to get burned hard and fast.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Khan
Votes |
Replied Sep 17 2019, 09:10

@Tim Johnson Thank you! I would need to open a business credit card to be on the safe side instead of opening a personal one. Just in case things hit the fan.

Ignite Funding  logo
Ignite Funding
|
Sponsored
Maximize Your Returns with Trust Deeds Earn 10%-12% annually on collateralized real estate investments. No fees to invest.

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Phillips
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Garden City, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Garden City, NY
Replied Sep 17 2019, 09:16

@Daniel Khan

I can understand why you might not want to borrow, however, as you'll find by reading more on Bigger Pockets, most real estate investing is done by borrowing. If you tie up your cash in one property, that means you can't use it to buy something else.

Lenders will not make loans for 0%. That means they have to borrow money from their sources like other investors, pay them a certain return on their investment, and then lend it to you for no return. That means they would be giving their money away.

Don't buy real estate with credit cards. It never works out. The interest rates will kill your investment over time.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Khan
Votes |
Replied Sep 17 2019, 09:41

@Christopher Phillips Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying. I guess I will need to find investors that would be interested in putting in some money to pay them back or have a certain percentage of the property as well. 

Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Phillips
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Garden City, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Garden City, NY
Replied Sep 17 2019, 09:46

@Daniel Khan

That's one way to do it... partner up with someone that has the cash or access to funding.