Refi lending options in Houston, Tx? Co-Signer or no?

1 Reply

Hello BP this is my first post! 

I recently all-cash purchased a home in Pasadena,TX. This is my first purchase and I do not have a good W2. I am looking for a good fixed rate option for a loan. I have heard this can be done off of cash flow or assets. I am not sure if this helps but the PP was 80k and with 15k reno it should appraise around 140-155k. Rents in that area for the sqft go at 1300$. With expenses but without a loan it has a 10% cap rate.  

I purchased with private credit I am looking to do a refi to pay back the private line. I am finding it difficult to do a conventional 30 year fix rate without a good W2 so I am looking a private lending options. Also, I have the option of getting a co-signer but I am wondering if that will hurt my portfolio's credentials in terms of banks in the future? At worse case I can flip this property for cash but I really want to start building my portfolio. I greatly appreciate any advice! 

-Bryce

There are programs that will only look at the rent the property can generate vs the total payment and nothing else so your lack of W-2 does not matter.  These are NOT conventional programs so they have higher rates but can be 30 year fixed.

On your co-borrower question, yes you can do it and it would not affect you going forward. (it would affect your co-b if you are late etc of course)  BUT, for a conventional loan you would have the co-b on title for six months before you can pull out cash.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here