What happens if you get married

16 Replies

Originally posted by @Pedro Echevarria :

What happens if I have a FHA loan and marry someone with an FHA loan? I understand you can only have 1 FHA loan but what happens when you and your spouse become one(join accounts) ?

Congratulations! Get married. We are celebrating our 41st anniversary. Forget FHA. There is a provision for when you get married. Not a problem.

Originally posted by @Pedro Echevarria :

What happens if I have a FHA loan and marry someone with an FHA loan? I understand you can only have 1 FHA loan but what happens when you and your spouse become one(join accounts) ?

Nothing happens as long as the lender continues to get payments. 

@Pedro Echevarria "..what happens when you and your spouse become one (joint accounts) ?"

No, my friend. If you marry her, she will take you for everything you own. All of your assets become hers (especially if you make the mistake of getting her pregnant). Think long and hard before you do this.

@Judy P. This reminds me of something my son said when he was about 4 or 5. ‘Dad how come mom is the boss of everything?’ I said ‘Son, it is part of the marriage vow.’

@Pedro Echevarria the FHA loans shouldn't be an issue. They are 2 separate loans. It doesnt matter if your accounts are joint or not. My life became way better after I got married. I got married during college, and I've always been on the Dean's list ever since my wedding. So I'd say get married! :)

If you choose your wife wisely based on biblical principles, You prosper several times fold, as your will be driven to make you successful. My wife is the secret to my success. With her help we are unstoppable. 

If you choose your wife based on worldly wisdom, Put your hands around your neck and choke yourself. The damage is often unrepairable.

Shawn Coverdell

Homes in the Hood

Originally posted by @Shawn Coverdell :

If you choose your wife wisely based on biblical principles, You prosper several times fold, as your will be driven to make you successful. My wife is the secret to my success. With her help we are unstoppable. 

If you choose your wife based on worldly wisdom, Put your hands around your neck and choke yourself. The damage is often unrepairable.

Shawn Coverdell

Homes in the Hood

Very good advice I’d agree with . Trust me I’ve had both (and then some )I’d take the Godly woman every time 

Originally posted by @Jingwen Dunford :

@Pedro Echevarria the FHA loans shouldn't be an issue. They are 2 separate loans. It doesnt matter if your accounts are joint or not. My life became way better after I got married. I got married during college, and I've always been on the Dean's list ever since my wedding. So I'd say get married! :)

Hmm.. I have two guesses.

1. You're a girl.

2. You had no assets going in/nothing to lose.

I wonder why your life got better? ;)

I think the warnings/"jokes"/advice in this thread is mostly for the gentlemen. Call me crazy though..

@Andrey Y. 1. Yes I'm a girl. - see my picture please ;) 2. I was in college when I got married so no assets at the time. I was planning on acquiring assets, so still something to lose there.

I married the love of my life, and that's why my life got better.

@Andrey Y. Both my husband and I were in college when we got married. I was the bread winner for a couple of years while hubby was in school. It wasn't until 10 months ago that he graduated and I was able to focus on my private equity business full time. For the why in your question - I could write a book on it. ;)

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :

What does it matter your life is over at that point anyways !

👆👆👆 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA... 👆👆👆

This is TOO FUNNNYYY and I can't even put together a proper response!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here