• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbia, SC
Votes |
Subject to financing?

Zk Lani
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbia, SC
Posted Nov 9 2019, 05:06

I need some guidance on subject to and I’m not sure if it’s a good idea. For folks who are familiar with subject to, could you please provide me your input whether it’s a yay or nay?

There’s this really nice house in my area that my wife is in love with, it’s on a corner lot with one side being on a busy street. It was renovated two years ago and been sitting on the market since then. It would have compd for $650k (4500 sqft) if it was a block further. Price was dropped down at some point to $450k, was under contract but fell through due to financing issue on the buyer’s side. It was relisted again for $499k with a different agent but still sitting on the market 6 months later. I remember from the initial listing agent a year ago that it had a loan balance of around $430k, but could be less now. I have my money tied up in other rentals as I’ve bought 11 units this year and I’m working on getting my score higher up and improving my debt to income ratio. I was thinking perhaps a subject to would be a better option to get the house for what’s the seller’s current balance, this way I get it off her hands and I get it at a better price without having to go through current conventional financing. For subject to experts, do you think this is a good idea? Any risk besides due on sale clause? How would you structure the deal and the purchase contract. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for your contribution!

ZK

Loading replies...