Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
John F. Hebert
Votes |
Newbie Advice on buying home 0 down 100% financing

John F. Hebert
Posted Dec 13 2019, 11:20

I rent in NYC (astoria queens) 10 min from manhattan and work.

I work in tv/film which is by definition freelance even though I've been working for the last 5 years pretty consistently

I have access to Navy Federal Credit Union which do offer $0 money 100% financing and said with my current debt to income ratio and 683 credit would only give me $280k-$350 (not much to buy anything in NYC) the only thing I find is condo/coop which won't let you rent. 

My vision 

1. Buy fall back place if i ever get kicked out my apt I can move in and rent out rooms to help continue to pay mortgage. (even a finished basement) I don't care about luxury. 

2.  Rent it have someone else pay my mortgage and some cashflow on top. 

3. Build equity start making some type of financial capital in that order to get another place in a few years.

Yes I'm in credit card debt $27k in debt and only make $60k-70k a year but 15k of that debt was to buy low end vintage cars to rent to movies, which paid $7k in a week this month. Yes it's very inconsistent but I was desperate to make a move and I did it. 

So my question is if anyone has experience in the NYC/NJ market. What advice would you give me about buying in a home 0 down in order to fullfill my vision.

Loading replies...