• New London CT
Votes |
Would you Cash flow or Cash out?

Richard Arden
Pro Member
  • New London CT
Posted May 23 2020, 11:37

Looking for your $.02

I am in search of my second deal, a BRRRR. I found a property I like. I am having an issue with meeting the numbers I need. I want my cash back because I really only have enough for 1 deal at a time. But i am having issues cash flowing enough after the REFI if I pull out all of my cash. There is sufficient equity in the deal left over. Even when my cash flow equals $0.

I outlined the deal if that helps.

A duplex. Purchase price is 70,000. Comps are conservatively 150,000. Max Refi would be 112,000 at 5.5 %. Total rent 1900 a month. With all things considered a monthly cash flow of  $43/mo. This would increase my buying power by 30%. Allowing me to buy larger or better deals.

If I refi just enough to pull out all of my cash I would cash flow $150/mo. Half of my cash flow goal.

If I leave all of my cash in $36,500 I would cash flow $380/mo. With a 12.3% CoC ROI.

My goal is to have 4k/mo. passive income from rentals by 2026. 

Would you take having no cash flow for the ability to acquire future purchases?

Would you  leave your cash in for the higher cash flow and find a line of credit?

How would your choice differ now that lending is hard to get vs. last year when lending was easier? 

Loading replies...