Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Ashley Taylor
Votes |
How to acquire and Rehab creatively with little cash

Ashley Taylor
Posted Apr 20 2021, 10:49

So, if you know anything about the DC area its completive and extremely hard to break into. I've identified an off market property in Maryland. 

3 properties in portfolio : zoned mixed use: #1 4500sqft ( vacant, open floor plan) #2 4500 sqft ( vacant top floor is office space ( 2250sqft), bottom floor open space) #3 2500 sqft ( occupied-retail )

I would like to build out property #1 and #2 to residential units both with 5 units and I will update the 3rd property and it keep it as retail. 

Any suggestions on financing ? THIS PROPERTY HAS BEEN VACANT FOR NEARLY 2 YEARS. The owner bought the property for 300k in 2015. The property is distressed, but not beyond repair ( no rotting or structural damage) They only income is coming from the retail store in #3. The neighborhood is "up and coming", but it will take another 7-10 years to start to see improvement. I have 90k to my name in cash. Zoning will support my plan, I've talked to permitting office and engineers who have given me the green light ( in theory)

My END GOAL is to buy and hold this property 

Options:

-I was planning to try to master lease with option to buy in 2 - 3 years for 350k ???? ( im not sure yet of offer price, hard to gage because it's vacant and hard to gather comps), and use my case to rehab or maybe a bridge loan

- Seller Financing ?? Any suggestions 

-Hard money then BRRRR

- bank loans?

- portfolio loans?

Please help all suggestions would be great.

Loading replies...