• Realtor
  • Greensboro NC
Votes |
Great deal - struggling with funding- any suggestions

Rebecca Acer
  • Realtor
  • Greensboro NC
Posted Aug 5 2021, 10:47

I have called so many lenders and keep running into one issue or another that means they can't fund. This is a great deal so we don't want to lose it but we are a little lost on how to find funding. 

The deal- 

2 properties on two tax parcels that share one driveway are being sold together for 450,000

House one- 

remodeled three bedrooms two baths with a nonpaying tenant (market rent is about 1300) 1200sq

House two-

Sellers were attempting to turn into a bed and breakfast (it is zoned for this) but essentially stopped partway through. The house is partially completed and they have left all the supplies on the property. These are currently worth about 80,000. This house is completely unlivable currently and needs about 200,000 in renovations. 11,000sq

Option one for house two-

Divide the house into the following units -

Two one bed one bath (projected income 1500 per month each)

-my husband's company has stated they will rent the units out to the people they fly in each week

One three bed two bath unit (projected long term rent 1300, short term corporate rental 2100 per month)

One four-bed three bath unit (projected long term rent 1500, short term corporate rental 2500 per month)

One two bed two bath section (projected long term rent 1100, short term corporate rental 1900 per month)

Two bed two bath my husband and would live in

eLearning center/conference center and office space - 200 dollars a day with several people already offering contracts

Total projected (conservative) income 10,200-13,800 per month

Option Two for House Two

Same as above but change the area we were looking at living into another rental and add two more conference centers

Total projected (conservative) income 13,200-17,700 per month

Based on the other larger houses around the area it would have an ARV of about 1,100,000 for the large house and 230,000 for the small house.

US-

This will be our first flip and our first home purchase. We have worked with our family in some residential fix and flips but nothing like this. 

We have no debt and have about 30,000 saved with my mom offering 90,000 more but I would like to avoid taking that if possible. We make about 250,000 but haven't been in our careers long and don't really have assets besides savings and retirement. 700+ credit score

Is this deal just too big to start with? The hard money lenders I have found are offering us 10% + loans because of our inexperience and how much rehab this needs. Does anyone know of any lenders that work with situations like this or any avenues we could pursue? 

Loading replies...