Commercial land for my paving business

Commercial land for my paving business

Contractor · South Vienna, OH · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 22 votes

I found a commercial 2 acre lot that I'm looking to purchase for my paving S-Corp LLC.

I was wondering if it would be better to purchase it with a commercial loan in the name of my LLC or to purchase it with my own name then rent it out monthly to my LLC?

Which of the 2 would have the better impact on my DTI down the road? Or does my personal guarantee still bring down my DTI if I purchase in the business?

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lake Worth, FL · Member since 2016 · 233 posts · 140 votes
    4y

    @Nick Cooper if you purchase in the business you might be able to get an sba loan with very desireable long fixed terms. Sba might not just loan on an empty lot. Not sure how it affects dti.

  • Contractor · South Vienna, OH · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 22 votes
    4y

    @Ken Naim this is good to know I’ll have to look into it thanks

  • Real Estate Broker · Canby, OR · Member since 2012 · 127 posts · 37 votes
    4y

    @Nick Cooper depending on your business income, you could potentially get a 0% down SBA loan for the business use property. The use your capital for another investment. It’s a great program!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.