Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Brian Palmer
  • Cheyenne, WY
Votes |
RESPA problem

Brian Palmer
  • Cheyenne, WY
Posted

I just closed on a duplex and it was a nightmare closing docs not at the title company till one hour after closing,because proccesor never sent it to underwriting till day of closing even docs were submitted three weeks before closing, lender loosing docs huge mess.Once it was worked out here are the issues.

The initial GFE and second GFE were not on the new GFE form, they did not dislcose tranfer fees on either one.

I requested a settlement statment prior to close and did not get it.

The closing took 6 hours because the lender kept screwing up the settlement statement.The HUD-1 at closing did not have page 3 completed just a line through the page with with NA hand written
I compared the GFE with the HUD-1 and found I was charged 60 percent more for title insurance, 50 percent more for title fees and 15 percent more for the appraisal.

My questions are since the GFE was on the old form does it meet the requiremnts of GFE within 3 days.

I believe they violated RESPA with the excess fees Do I file with the state banking authority, HUD in D.C., or the bank or all three?

Can I seek compensation for the excess fees plus my time to purse it or seek legal help ?

I have purchased and sold many homes and never had a problem with a lender like this.

Thanks for any help !!!

Loading replies...