Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Mathew Mathew
Votes |
CPA Recommendation Needed in Louisiana (Lafayette or Baton Rouge Preferably)?

Mathew Mathew
Posted Feb 11 2024, 19:46

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge and experience. Can somebody please point me to investor friendly tax preparer or CPA in Louisiana (Lafayette or Baton Rough) for service. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Mathew M.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#4 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#4 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 12 2024, 07:07

Hey @Mathew Mathew

To help you in your search: be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.

The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.

Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.

Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Roberts
  • Lender
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Feb 12 2024, 07:19

Attracct in BR is a Fractional CFO service that also handles advisory services and bookkeeping. John Roberts Jr is a CPA and one of the firm principals. I think they offer tax prep services, but I'm sure they would have a recommendation/partner for that if they don't. 

John Roberts also is one of the organizers for Red Stick REIA meetups in BR and is heavily involved in REI.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
David Abarca
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Baton Rouge
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Baton Rouge
Replied Feb 12 2024, 07:42
Quote from @Patrick Roberts:

Attracct in BR is a Fractional CFO service that also handles advisory services and bookkeeping. John Roberts Jr is a CPA and one of the firm principals. I think they offer tax prep services, but I'm sure they would have a recommendation/partner for that if they don't. 

John Roberts also is one of the organizers for Red Stick REIA meetups in BR and is heavily involved in REI.

I second John and attractt

User Stats

Votes
Mathew Mathew
Votes |
Replied Feb 13 2024, 03:34

Please do you have his email, phone contact or how do I reach him. Thanks for the recommendation.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Roberts
  • Lender
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Feb 13 2024, 08:09
Quote from @Mathew Mathew:

Please do you have his email, phone contact or how do I reach him. Thanks for the recommendation.

https://attracctsolutions.com/contact/. Also, you could probably talk with him in person at Red Stick REIA in BR in a few weeks in early March. 

User Stats

Votes
Bill Hampton
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Mar 7 2024, 10:12

@Mathew Mathew

I recommend finding an accountant that specializes in real estate taxation. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year. Some accountants are still taking on new clients.

Good luck in your search.